Sunday, January 24, 2010

SMS: Black Bottom Brownies.....


YUMMY!!!  What more can I say?  Our recipe of the week, Black Bottom Brownies, was chosen by Cynthia of Bakingtherapest , check out her blog for the recipe.  These went together easily, I used Scharffenberger unsweetened chocolate; I usually won't use expensive chocolate on a new recipe but I just had a hunch this would be a delicious recipe.  I wasn't disappointed! The only change I made was using mini chocolate chips instead of regular and I only used 6 ounces; I didn't want too much chocolate competiting with the cheesecake layer.  I probably got 24 out of the full recipe; the original recipe indicated 12 servings, I think that would have been calorie/sugar overkill!!!  DH said these were very good and will be taking the rest to work tomorrow, get them OUT of my site please.  Yes, these were delicious, I liked the contrast between the brownie (nice and fudgy) and cheesecake (creamy, moist) layer; they are even better the next day, according to my DH of course. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your brownie looks wonderful! I liked these too but I'm also giving the rest of mine away tomorrow so I won't be tempted to eat too many :)

Susan said...

I agree that these were better the next day. Yours look yummy.

Nina said...

I completely agree. I'm hoping that my friends will come soon so they'll pick them up so I won't start eating them!

margot said...

Your brownie looks great! I cannot imagine cutting a 9x13 pan into just twelve pieces, these are way too rich for that. I'm sure they'll be a hit at the office.

Lulu the Baker said...

I think those of us who liked these are in the miniority! Great job on yours!

Stephanie said...

Mini chips - what a good idea! I used regular and they all sank. :( Yours looks great, I'm glad they were enjoyed!! I got WAY more servings than she recommended as well.